The independent electoral commission (INEC) now has a portal for voters to register and obtain their Permanent voter’s card (PVC) online.
Intending Registrants can visit the voter’s registration portal http://www.cvr.inecnigeria.org
where they would be asked to provide relevant details before booking an appointment at a designated (INEC) office.
Registrant will have to visit an INEC centre with a printout of their application slip containing their application ID for biodata capturing like fingerprint as these cannot be done online.
The new registration process also makes it possible for Nigerians that are already registered as voters to carry out other activities such as Correction of name, change of date of birth, and replacement of damaged or defaced PVC online.
Physical centres will still be available for those that do not wish to use the online registration portal.
How To Register For INEC Voters Card Online
To register as a voter online,
- First, visit the INEC online registration portal at http://www.cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Create an account on the registration portal with your email address. An activation link to confirm your email address will be sent to you.
- After confirming your email address, fill the online form with correct and relevant information.
- You will also have the option to select a convenient date and time that you wish to visit the INEC office for biometric capturing.
- After filling the form, click on the submission button to complete your pre-registration.
- If your submission was successful, an application slip containing your application ID, a QR code, and relevant details will be generated for you
- Print your application slip.
- Visit an INEC registration centre with your application slip at the scheduled date for biometric capture.
- After your registration is completed, a registration slip will be issued to you which can be used to collect your permanent voter’s card (PVC) when it is ready.