The Rivers State Government have said it will employ 5000 youths into the State Civil Service.
This was made known by the State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike in a State wide broadcast on Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
The Governor noted that he had directed the State Service Commission to immediately begin the process of recruiting 5000 youths into teaching and other position in the state.
During the broadcast, the Governor also assured Rivers people of his administration’s commitment to create Jobs and economic opportunities even in the face of the worsening economic situation in the country.
The age requirements for the Job was initially 21 – 35. Following complains by those who wished to apply, the Government reviewed and increase the age limit to within 18 – 50 years.
How To Apply Online
- visit https://www.rivjobs.ng to register
- Click on menu
- Click on Job Seeker to sign up or log in if already signed up
- Register by filling your details
- Click on Register
- Fill and save Bio data
- Login with the Email and Password
- Add Educational Qualifications and click next
- Add Experience and Click next
- Add Certificate/License and Click next
- Add Referee
- Available Jobs, apply for jobs
- view uploads
Requirements To Apply For Rivers State 5000 Youth Employment
- Applicants must be within the ages of 18 – 50 years.
- Applicants are to now apply online at https://www.rivjobs.ng/ ( check below for local government submission timetable)
- Hand written application and details of Curriculum vitae. ( No longer required after application moved online)
- Photocopies of the following certificate: ( no longer required after application moved online)
- First school leaving certificate
- West African School certificate or its equivalent
- University Degrees and other Professional Certificate/ Evidence of current professional license, if applicable.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge or Exception certificate
- Local Government Identification
- Birth certificate or Affidavit of Age Declarapositions
The positions available for the Rivers state 5000 jobs are divided into category A and B. Here is a list of the positions you can apply for
What Has Changed So Far
After widespread criticism due to the large crowd of Job applicant at the Rivers State Secretariat, the State Government have suspended the manual submission of applications for the 5000 civil service employment, and will now switch to receiving applications online.
This was made known to journalist in a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Civil Service Commission, kiikpoye Philip. He said the suspension was due to an increasing number of Job applicants which could lead to a stampede, and non-compliance to public health protocols.
He said the applications will now be received online at the rivers State Job portal https://www.rivjobs.ng/
Those who have submitted hard copies of their application at the State Secretariat are to also apply online. He said.
A timetable was also set according to Local Government Area by the permanent secretary for submission.
Rivers State 5000 employment Timetable According To Local Government Area.
According to the Permanent Secretary Rivers State Civil Service Commission. Applicants are to submit their application according to their local government using the below timetable.
- Thursday, November 12, is for Ahoada West, Oyigbo and Ogu/Bolo
- Friday, November 13, is for Khana and Emohua,
- Saturday, November 14, is for Gokana, Asari-Toru and Bonny
- Monday, November 16, is for Obio/Akpor
- Tuesday, November 17, is for Eleme, Akuku-Toru, and Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni
- Wednesday, November 18, is for Opobo/Nkoro, Degema, and ikwerre.
- Thursday, November 19, is for Port Harcourt and Andoni
- Friday, November 20, is for Abua/Odual, Okrika, and Omuma.
- Saturday, November 21 is for Ahoada East, Etche and Tai.
- Monday, November 23 is for non-indigenes
- Tuesday, November 24 – December 11 is for those who could not apply online within their scheduled dates.
The employment opportunity has also been extended to those looking to be Graphic artists, computer scientists and statisticians, teachers, tourism, and cultural officers.